Animal Genetic Bank for Species Conservation Seminar
An educational seminar on the importance of genetic variability for species conservation and on how can biobanking (i.e. collecting and storing of biological material from our fauna) help in population health monitoring was held from 19 to 20 March 2015 at the Mohelský Mill Field Station. The seminar was attended mainly by zoologists from museums, but also by other members of the professional community. Participants who expressed their willingness to cooperate on Genetic Bank by sample collection received collecting tubes filled with ethanol. The seminar was held in a good atmosphere, also thanks to sunny weather. The program included also watching the European ground squirrel at Mohelenská Serpentine Steppe and the solar eclipse :). Organizers thank participants.
- Educational seminars for professionals
- Presentation on the BIOM project and Genetic Bank – a workshop held on 12 February 2015 in Brno
- Animal Genetic Bank for Species Conservation Seminar
- Animal Genetic Bank for Species Conservation II Seminar
- IVB Fall Camp
- Genetic Collections and Biodiversity Research and Conservation WORKSHOP